Quick, accessible answers to many questions that you may wish to ask.
FEI is a finance company based in Auckland and has been operating in New Zealand since July 2003. FEI has been in business continuously over the last 15 years, servicing the needs of our valued customers. FEI is authorised to accept deposits from public as a non-bank deposit taker (NBDT) and is required to comply with the relevant requirements set by the Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
Having endured the 2008 Global Financial Crisis, FEI is pleased to still be in a privileged position to offer competitive investments for its customers. FEI lends money and provides financial support to enterprises in the business and property sectors.
- FEI is unique in the New Zealand finance industry in terms of innovative lending structure and competitive investment rates.
- FEI has been in business for over 15 years and has successfully dealt with the challenges brought by the volatile global and domestic economic conditions since the Global Finance Crisis.
- Since its inception, FEI has never missed any payment due to any investor.
- FEI’s executive Directors have collectively over 45 years of experience in the New Zealand finance sector who are supported by a well-trained and experienced management team.
Banks make loans to both private individuals and businesses. Due to the bureaucratic nature of banking operations and their lending policies, the banks have to restrict the scope of lending activities they can undertake.
On the other hand, FEI is a niche lender specialising in business, corporate sectors. The sectors that FEI lend to require specialised expertise and experience built up over many years. This niche allows the management of FEI to charge higher interest rates and fees for the loans made by FEI.
- Andrew Schnauer (LLB) is the chair of FEI’s board is who has been on the board since January 2014 and is an independent director of FEI. Andrew is an enrolled Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand and is a director of Schnauer Legal Limited, a law firm situated in Auckland.Andrew acts for a varied range of businesses and also has extensive experience with commercial and residential property. He has also developed a specialty in trusts and asset planning.
- Marcus Ritchie (BMS) has been on the board since November 2014 and is an Executive Director of FEI and FEIG. Marcus most recently was a Director at ANZ Bank in Australia.Marcus is an experienced investment banker covering Mergers & Acquisitions with over 15 years’ experience, having worked at Bank of America Merrill Lynch (Sydney), American Express (New York), Mizhuo Bank (UK), Dresdner Kleinwort Investment Bank (UK), and Westpac (NZ).
- Jacob Ploeg (BCOM) joined the board as an independent director of FEI in July 2017, and brings over 30 years of experience in the accounting industry, having worked as Senior Audit Manager for DFK Oswin Griffiths Carlton from 1986 to 2017.Jacob has extensive experience in the auditing of finance companies, listed entities, SME’s, and not for-profit entities. Jacob is also a trustee of a private superannuation scheme.
FEI offers Secured Term Deposits that are fully secured by a first ranking security interest over the assets of FE Investments.*
FEI offers competitive interest rates with a minimum investment of NZD $5,000 and maximum amount of NZD $500,000 for a single deposit.
Please contact our investment team for quotes on amounts over $100,000.
You can invest for terms of 12 months, 18 months, 24 months or 36 months. Interest rates vary depending on terms involved. Details of our latest rates are set out in the rate card accompanying the current Investment Statement and Application Form.
Your investment is pooled with those of other investors and used to fund FE Investment’s financing activities. FEI specializes in providing finance in the form of advances, discounting of rental or subscription contracts, loans, or credit support for bridging finance, working capital requirements or other business-related purposes.
Within the property sector, FE Investments provides finance for land subdivision, construction, property development and investment.
Investors pay no fees or charges in relation to an investment in our term deposits. However, there maybe fees payable by investors if it’s overseas currency payment or investors require payment of interest or repayment of principal to be made to an overseas bank account.
Quarterly interest is payable within five business days of the first business day of April, July, October and January for the preceding quarter (or part thereof). If preferred by the investor, interest can be paid on the maturity date of the Secured Term Deposit to benefit from compounding interest.
The depositor is responsible to pay the income tax on the interests earned. If the depositor is NZ tax resident he/she will be given the option to pay 10.5%, 17.5%, 28% (for company), 30% and 33% tax rate, If the depositor is non NZ resident he/she might be qualified to pay 2% AIL rate only. To find more information please go to www.ird.govt.nz/rwt.
Secured Term Deposits are for a fixed period of maturity. Any early withdrawals shall be at the entire discretion of the directors of FE Investments. In the event that FEI agrees to such early withdrawal, a depositor will need to demonstrate (with reasonable proof submitted to FEI) that the depositor would suffer from undue hardship if no early withdrawal is permitted.
If early redemption is agreed to by FEI, then, the interest rate maybe reduced to reflect the term of deposits made with FEI. FEI may charge you a reasonable administration fee for any such early withdrawal.
Yes, the Financial Transactions Reporting Act 1996 and the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009 require verification of all new investors’ identities.
To be approved for a Term Deposit, you will need to provide verified Photo Identification:
- New Zealand Passport; OR a passport issued by a foreign government
- New Zealand Driver Licence with another form of identification such as New Zealand birth certificate, citizenship certificate, bank statement by a registered bank, bank card, document or statement issued by a government agency within 12 months
You will also need to provide verified proof of residential address:
- Bank statement, power bill, home phone bill, IRD statement, local authority rates bill, etc.
FEI staff can verify copies of your proof of identification and residential address at our offices.
If you do not meet with our staff, you will need to have your documents certified by a trusted referee.
A trusted referee must not be related to you, and can be one of the following:
A Commonwealth representative (e.g Ambassador, Minister, High Commissioner); Police constable; Justice of the Peace; Registered medical doctor; Kaumatua; Registered teacher; Minister of religion; Lawyer; Notary public; NZ Honorary Consul; Member of parliament; or a chartered accountant.
FEI can accept a deposit cheque paid to FEI (either bank cheque or personal cheque) or direct credit to our bank account. Our bank account details are as follows:
Bank Name: ASB Bank
Bank Account: 12-3216-0057691-61
Account Name: FE Investments Limited
(Note: please put depositor’s name at the reference area)